Our client specialises in fresh produce. The company imports, exports, packages, stores and distributes fruit and vegetables to customers all over Europe. The company is looking for fast, accurate and motivated operators to support the production process. The company is located in Eindhoven next to the airport.
As an operator (internal designation: supervisor) you are responsible for the optimal functioning of 2 to 4 packaging lines, in such a way that the qualitative and quantitative targets are achieved.
What do we expect from a supervisor?
- You give guidance to a number of assisting operators and production staff;
- You organise the work on your packaging lines;
- You are the technical specialist par excellence for your packaging lines; you provide training for new employees and ensure that their knowledge and skills are kept up-to-date;
- You ensure trouble-free operation of machines and lines: you monitor the production progress and quality (end product, process, order & cleanliness), you intervene in case of delays and problems and you ensure that the production and quality objectives are met;
- You identify and analyse problems on your packaging lines and are also able to solve the more complex disruptions;
- You actively identify improvement opportunities and inform your supervisor about disruptions, problems and deviations from standards;
- You hold evaluation and performance interviews with the employees on the packaging lines;
- You ensure that all work instructions, safety rules, hygiene rules and guidelines with regard to certification are complied with;
- You ensure that machines, tools and the working environment are cleaned correctly and in a timely fashion;
- You attend work meetings and provide input for progress and management reports.
- You have MBO-3 thinking and working level (by education or experience);
- You are highly solution-oriented, work systematically and can organise your activities well;
- You are quality and result oriented;
- You are able to get employees with different backgrounds in motion and you enjoy training people in practice;
- You always have the requirements and wishes of the customer in mind and you can work well together;
- You have work experience in a production environment; experience in the AGF or food sector is a plus;
- You have good communication skills and a working knowledge of the Dutch and English languages;
- You have a flexible attitude and you are prepared to work in changing shifts and on Saturdays.
- Market level salary in line with your experience and background;
- Healthy secondary employment conditions, including a well-stocked fruit and vegetable box every other week and free fitness facilities;
- Full-time appointment (40 hours) with a view to a permanent contract.