Our client specialises in fresh produce. The company imports, exports, packages, stores and distributes fruit and vegetables to customers all over Europe. The company is looking for fast, accurate and motivated operators to support the production process. The company is located in Eindhoven next to the airport.
As team leader, you are responsible for the optimal functioning of several packaging lines, in such a way that all quality requirements and production targets are met.
What do we expect from a shift leader?
- You manage a number of operators (supervisors) and support them in their daily work;
- You organise the work in your section and ensure it is done correctly;
- You ensure sufficient training and well-trained employees;
- You take care of work meetings and work transfer, you provide input for KPI reports and you ensure the follow-up of action points;
- You hold assessment and performance interviews to bring your employees up to a higher level;
- You monitor the production progress and realise the agreed targets. You steer on line output and quality, with KPIs as your guiding principle;
- You identify improvement opportunities and make bottlenecks transparent. You actively participate in improvement projects to optimise work processes;
- You are cost-conscious and minimise wastage;
- You ensure a safe and hygienic working environment and monitor compliance with all safety and hygiene rules;
- You ensure a good working atmosphere in your team and are a motivator for your employees.
- You have a MBO-4 thinking and working level.
- You are analytical, decisive and take initiative.
- You are quality- and result-oriented.
- You always have the requirements and wishes of the customer in mind and you can work well together.
- You have demonstrable leadership skills.
- You have work experience in a production environment; experience in the AGF or food sector is an advantage.
- You are a strong communicator and have a good command of the Dutch language (fluently) and English (at working level) orally and in writing.
- You have a flexible attitude and you are willing to work in changing shifts and on Saturdays.
- Market level salary in line with your experience and background. (€ 2.433 - € 2.935)
- Healthy secondary employment conditions, including a well-stocked fruit and vegetable box every other week and free fitness facilities.
- Full-time appointment (40 hours) with a view to a permanent contract.