Our client specializes in fresh produce. The company imports, exports, packages, stores, and distributes fruit and vegetables to customers all over Europe. The company is looking for quick, precise and motivated operators to support the production process. The company is located in Eindhoven next to the airport.
What will you be doing?
As a Team Leader Production (Shiftleader) you are responsible for the management of one of the shifts within the production department. You oversee the achievement of daily targets and report the results.
What do we expect from a Production Team Leader?
- You supervise a number of shift leaders (section leaders) and are often present on the work floor.
- You monitor the production progress and quality in the entire factory and you actively manage the achievement of production targets and other objectives.
- You set targets for your direct reports and provide KPI reports.
- You actively manage the man-hours used, the timeliness of production and quality.
- You hold assessment and performance interviews with your employees and are responsible for their further development within our company.
- You analyze production processes based on quantitative and qualitative data and make bottlenecks transparent.
- You actively identify improvement opportunities and assess proposals from your direct reports; you make plans to realize improvements and implement them.
- You lead improvement projects.
- You maintain contacts with people outside the department for the benefit of process and improvements.
- You translate safety and hygiene policies, certification requirements and customer needs into processes and instructions for the work floor.
- You oversee the safe and proper use of all machines, equipment and tools
- You ensure a good working atmosphere in your team and are a motivator for your employees
- You report to the Manager Production and are his deputy in his absence.
- You have a higher professional education (HBO) working and thinking level.
- You are analytical, stress resistant and take initiative.
- You are quality and result oriented.
- You always have the requirements and wishes of the customer in mind and you can work well with others.
- You get a lot of satisfaction from coaching and developing your employees.
- You have demonstrable leadership skills.
- You have work experience in a production environment; experience in the AGF or food sector is a plus.
- You are communicatively strong and have a good command of the Dutch language (fluent) and English (at working level) orally and in writing.
- You have a flexible attitude and are willing to work in alternating shifts and on Saturdays.
What we offer you
- Salary level appropriate to your experience and background (€ 2.720 – € 3.391).
- Healthy fringe benefits, including a well-stocked fruit and vegetable box every other week and free fitness facilities.
- Full-time appointment (40 hours) with a view to a permanent contract.