Our client specializes in fresh produce. The company imports, exports, packages, stores, and distributes fruit and vegetables to customers all over Europe. The company is looking for quick, precise and motivated operators to support the production process. The company is located in Eindhoven next to the airport.
What will you be doing?
As operator (internal name: supervisor) you are responsible for the optimal functioning of 2 to 4 packaging lines, in such a way that the qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved.
What do we expect from a supervisor?
- You supervise a number of assisting operators and production staff;
- You organize the work on your packaging lines;
- You are the technical specialist par excellence for your packaging lines; you provide training for new employees and ensure that their knowledge and skills are kept up-to-date;
- You ensure trouble-free operation of machines and lines: you monitor the production progress and quality (end product, process, order & cleanliness), you intervene in case of delays and problems and you ensure the achievement of the production and quality objectives;
- You identify and analyze problems on your packaging lines and are able to solve the more complex disruptions;
- You actively identify improvement opportunities and inform your supervisor about disruptions, problems and deviations from standards;
- You hold evaluation and performance interviews with the employees on the packaging lines;
- You ensure compliance with all work instructions, safety rules, hygiene rules and certification guidelines;
- You ensure timely and proper cleaning of machines, tools and work environment;
- You attend work meetings and provide input for progress and management reports.
- You have MBO-3 thinking and working level (by education or experience);
- You are solution oriented, work methodically and can organize your activities well;
- Your priorities are quality and results;
- You are able to get employees with different backgrounds moving and you enjoy training people in practice;
- You always have the customer’s requirements and wishes in mind and you can work well together;
- You have work experience in a production environment; experience in the AGF or food sector is a plus;
- You have good communication skills and a working knowledge of the Dutch and English languages;
- You have a flexible attitude and you are willing to work in alternating shifts and on Saturdays.
What we offer you
- Salary appropriate to your experience and background;
- Healthy fringe benefits, including a well-stocked fruit and vegetable box every other week and free fitness facilities;
- Full-time appointment (40 hours) with the prospect of a permanent contract.