The production department is responsible for custom packaging, labeling and preparing fresh produce for shipment. The department is looking for a;
As Operator (internal name: Supervisor) you are responsible for the optimal functioning of 2 to 4 packaging lines, in such a way that the qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved.
What do we expect from a Supervisor?
- You supervise a number of assisting operators and production staff;
- You organize the work on your packaging lines;
- You are the technical specialist par excellence for your packaging lines; you provide training for new employees and ensure that their knowledge and skills are kept up-to-date;
- You ensure trouble-free operation of machines and lines: you monitor the production progress and quality (end product, process, order & cleanliness), you intervene in case of delays and problems and you ensure the achievement of the production and quality objectives;
- You identify and analyze problems on your packaging lines and are able to solve the more complex disruptions;
- You actively identify improvement opportunities and inform your supervisor about disruptions, problems and deviations from standards;
- You hold evaluation and performance interviews with the employees on the packaging lines;
- You ensure compliance with all work instructions, safety rules, hygiene rules and certification guidelines;
- You ensure timely and proper cleaning of machines, tools and work environment;
- You attend work meetings and provide input for progress and management reports.
Who are we looking for?
- You have MBO-3 thinking and working level (by education or experience);
- You are solution oriented, work methodically and can organize your activities well;
- Your priorities are quality and results;
- You are able to get employees with different backgrounds moving and you enjoy training people in practice;
- You always have the customer’s requirements and wishes in mind and you can work well together;
- You have work experience in a production environment; experience in the AGF or food sector is a plus;
- You have good communication skills and a working knowledge of the Dutch and English languages;
- You have a flexible attitude and you are willing to work in alternating shifts and on Saturdays.
What can you expect from us:
- Salary appropriate to your experience and background;
- Healthy fringe benefits, including a well-stocked fruit and vegetable box every other week and free fitness facilities;
- Full-time appointment (40 hours) with the prospect of a permanent contract.
Are you the enthusiastic candidate who, together with a team of hardworking colleagues, wants to bring the quality and productivity of the production department to a higher level?