Our client specializes in fresh produce. For over 4o years the company imports, exports, packages, stores, and distributes fruit and vegetables to customers all over Europe. To support their packaging department, we are looking for motivated shift leaders to supervise the packaging of fruit and vegetables in foil, nets, trays and another packaging, ensure that quality standards are met and products become available as planned.
If you see yourself in this function, have experience as a shiftleader and would like to work in 2 shifts, check the details and send us your CV!
As a shiftleader
- you will be responsible for production on 4 lines
- you ensure that fruit and vegetables are packaged in an efficient way according to specifications (type of packaging, quality, content, weight) and on time
- you will intervene if the product or packaging quality does not meet the specifications, correcting incorrect actions by employees and take appropriate preventive measures
- you will discuss problems of an organizational, technical or personnel nature with the production manager and/or General Manager.
- you will be in contact with the production manager and planning department to ensure the execution of production orders
- you will be responsible to plan production employees for your shift depending on the amount of available work and in consultation with your colleagues
- you will consult daily with production employees on the quality of the product as well as supply or removal of packaging products to make lines ready for production
- you will ensure and monitor the safe use of the packaging lines, solve minor technical faults or inform the production manager or technical service
- you will ensure that prescribed cleaning procedures are carried out so that the standards with regard to industrial safety and product hygiene are kept
- you will carry out necessary administrative tasks
- you will promote a good working atmosphere within the department, motivate employees, train new and temporary staff.
What do we offer
- €12.16/h gross with a growth possibility
- full-time work (at least 40h per week)
- work in 2 shift system from Monday to Saturday
- shift allowance according to the client’s CAO:
Monday to Friday: 25% between 19:00 and 23:00 and 40% after 23:00
Saturday: 25% between 15:00 and 23:00 and 100% after 23:00
What do we want from you
- experience as line operator or shiftleader
- good organization skills, attendance to details and good communication skills
- communicative English
- ability to communicate in Dutch is not obligatory, but welcome
- motivation to work, reliability, problem-solving skills
Working at Direct People
- to begin with, we will give you a 4-week contract with automatic extension
- to make communication quick and simple we will provide you with a work app for your mobile
- every Friday you will receive your planning for the following week
- if necessary we will set up health insurance for you
- you will be paid on a weekly basis
- holiday money paid in June
Would you like to become a shiftleader? Please get in touch with our recruiter.
We will respond to you within 48h if:
- your CV matched the requirements of our job offers
- you have private accommodation in the region of Eindhoven, Helmond, Son, or nearby
- you communicate in English or Dutch
- you are legally allowed to work in the Netherlands
Would you like to know more about working for Direct People? Read our FAQ.