Our client specialises in fresh produce. The company imports, exports, packages, stores and distributes fruit and vegetables to customers all over Europe. The company is looking for fast, accurate and motivated operators to support the production process. The company is located in Eindhoven next to the airport.
As a Production Team Leader (shift leader), you are responsible for managing one of the shifts in the production department. You ensure that the daily targets are met and report the results.
What do we expect from a Production Team Leader?
- You manage a number of shift leaders (section leaders) and are often present on the work floor.
- You monitor the production progress and quality in the entire factory and actively manage the achievement of production targets and other objectives.
- You set targets for your direct reports and provide KPI reports.
- You actively manage the man-hours used, the timeliness of production and the quality.
- You hold assessment and performance interviews with your employees and are responsible for their further development within our company.
- You analyse production processes on the basis of quantitative and qualitative data and make bottlenecks transparent.
- You actively identify improvement opportunities and assess proposals by your direct reports; you make plans to realise improvements and implement them.
- You lead improvement projects.
- You maintain contacts with people outside the department for the purpose of process and improvement.
- You translate safety and hygiene policies, certification requirements and customer wishes into processes and instructions for the work floor.
- You oversee the safe and correct use of all machines, equipment and tools
- You ensure a good working atmosphere in your team and are a motivator for your employees
- You report to the Manager Production and are his deputy in his absence.
- You have an HBO work and thinking level.
- You are analytical, stress resistant and take initiative.
- You are quality and result oriented.
- You always have the requirements and wishes of the customer in mind and you can work well together.
- You get a lot of satisfaction from coaching and developing your employees.
- You have demonstrable leadership skills.
- You have work experience in a production environment; experience in the AGF or food sector is an advantage.
- You are a strong communicator and have a good command of the Dutch language (fluently) and English (at working level) orally and in writing.
- You have a flexible attitude and you are willing to work in changing shifts and on Saturdays.
- Market conform salary level matching your experience and background (€ 2.720 - € 3.391).
- Healthy secondary employment conditions, including a well-stocked fruit and vegetable box every other week and free fitness facilities.
- Full-time appointment (40 hours) with a view to a permanent contract.