Bergen Logistics is a logistical service provider with its main focus in the fashion and lifestyle industry. The EU site for Bergen Logistics is located in Veghel and is the starting point for growing ambitions into the rest of Europe. For this site, we are looking for a Warehouse Manager.
As a Warehouse Manager you are responsible for day-to-day operations in the warehouse and for planning activities for running an effective and profitable business center. This position requires an action-oriented operator with a feeling for innovative and critical thinking aimed at improving efficiencies and productivity. The warehouse manager will have an important role improving and restructuring the existing and fast growing business and operation. In addition you will be responsible for;
· Managing warehouse operations ensuring a seamless workflow best positioned to achieve
business metrics and customer service level agreements;
· Meeting financial targets (key measurements and benchmarks distribution & labor costs, meeting daily required percentage on billing against labor);
· Providing leadership and development to create a high performing team, direct manager for four supervisors, indirect manager for warehouse team (currently approximately 50 employees);
· And contact person for all temporary employees via temp agencies;
· Promoting "total customer satisfaction" (delivery, quality etc.) within all Operations teams;
· Identifiying and solving critical operational problems;
· Determination of departmental staffing requirements as part of Operational planning/budgeting;
· Establishing approved objectives, plans and budgets for each department;
· Initiating best practices to improve operating procedures in order to optimize cost, quality and delivery time;
· Keeping equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; and reporting all issues to senior leadership immediately to avoid operational delays;
· Implementing shopfloor management and CIP into day-to-day operations.
HBO level and at least 3 years
experience in a leading position within logistics;
· Experience with third party logistics is preferred;
· Highly effective supervisory skills including motivating, directing and training teams to achieve operations KPIs;
· Ability to thrive in a high-volume work environment with extremely busy peak seasons;
· Proactive and solution oriented;
· Ability to manage conflict and achieve collaborative outcomes;
· Prior experience with forecasting and financial planning is a plus;
· Ability to analyze data, reporting skills and data entry management.
- Fulltime job of 40 hours a week where you will be working between 07:00-19:00 ( depending on your starting time);
- €4000,- gross per month;
- 8.33% Holiday allowance;
- Chance of a long-term contract.